Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Unforgettable Fashions in --The Good old Days

I will never forget the shoes my mother made me wear when I was young. Oh how I hated them. I know a lot of kids wore them in those days but I hated them so bad. it was those white and black or brown saddle oxfords. I wanted a bright and shiny patent leather pair of dressy shoes so bad but we simply didn't have the money for them. They were very expensive so I wore the dreaded hated shoes.

Pedal pushers, saddle shoes, (which I hated),bobby socks and white button front shirts was the "IN" style thing to wear. Poodle skirts were also the "in" thing to be seen wearing. You were really "hip" if you had a poodle skirt. This was usual a pink skirt with a black poodle on it and under neath you wore this big "can-can." Which was layers and layers of netting piled on top of each to make your skirt stand way out away from you.


They had what was called a "choo-choo" purse that was poplar. I did manage to save my allowance and get one of these. All it was a purse that looked like the overnight bags look like today only on a smaller scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment