Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Good Old Days--Remember When

Hey ! Remember when you would be traveling along and all of a sudden you saw this cute road signs about Burma Shave? They always had some kind of cute saying on them and they were spaced several feet a part. Those days of the Burma Shave signs are gone for ever.

In the olden days if you choose to go west there were signs everywhere advertising "genuine Indian souvenirs." At that time when I was small I truly believed they were true Indian souvenirs made by the Indians themselves. Was I ever shocked when I found out my Indian moccasins were made in China. I cried for days because I felt so cheated.

Does anyone remember the old Plymouth cars that had the A/C cooler mounted on the outside of the window on the passengers side. This was way before modern A/C.On hot days you would put crushed ice in it. The part that went through the window at the top was where the cool air came from to cool your car down at least 20 degrees. These were sold by Montgomery Ward. Ahhh those good old days. But I wouldn't change that old A/C for our modern car A/C.

No comments:

Post a Comment